Work for Us!
At this time we are seeking a Senior Sales Associate to assist in vendor recruitment. To apply for the job, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Job description follows:
Senior Sales Associate
Our Senior Sales Associate is the liaison for new vendors. We are seeking a confident individual who is self-motivated, a great problem solver, and a creative thinker. This is a part-time position with an average of 30 hours per week with opportunities for bonuses. Please note that all sales associate positions require you to be able to lift up to 30 lbs and be on your feet for an extended period of time.
- New Vendor recruitment: The Senior Sales Associate will work closely with the owner to fill available booths with new vendors. This includes communication with potential vendors who have submitted an application to the store, seeking out potential vendors who have not yet applied, arranging and hosting meetings with potential vendors, managing and enforcing contracts, and maintaining positive relationships with all vendors.
- Vendor Work Night: The Senior Sales Associate is expected to be available for the weekly vendor work night when the store stays open after business hours for vendors to restock and tidy their booths.
- Register Sales: All sales associates are expected to work the registers during their shift. This includes processing cash and credit transactions through a system called GoAntiquing (training will be provided on use of the system)
- Customer Support: All sales associates are expected to provide excellent service to all shoppers while working the registers, answering phones, and walking the floors.
- Opening/Closing: All sales associates are expected to perform opening or closing duties – this includes being a key and alarm code holder for the store.
- Cleaning: All sales associates are expected to perform normal cleaning duties around the store including sweeping, cleaning bathrooms, and restocking supplies.
- Great people skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Cash counting/handling skills
- Proficient with use of e-mail (Gmail), Microsoft Word, and general computer use
- Proficient in basic math (calculating rent, deposits, etc)
- Comfortable with conflict resolution
- Previous experience in a multi-vendor market retail shop
- Previous sales experience in retail
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of A&B Market LLC (Unlisted) is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Unlisted hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. Unlisted believes that associates should be provided with a working environment which enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.